Moving in Faith
God is always committed to growing your faith. It is faith that allows you to connect to Christ, Community, and Calling. Taking steps from one chapter of life to the next will always require faith. These will be defining moments in your faith journey.
1. What was the most impactful part of this week’s message?
2. Faith is a key ingredient for breakthroughs. Faith is more than just idle hope. Faith is preparing for things you cannot see. What does it look like to live with faith that moves?
3. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and things out ahead of us – and whatever is behind us is not meant to go with us. Fix your eyes on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith. Trust the next chapter because we know the Author. Why do you suppose we often struggle with taking steps of faith?
4. Read Joshua 3:5. What is this verse saying to you? What does it mean to consecrate yourself?
5. We don’t seek amazing things . . . we seek God knowing He will do amazing things as we seek Him. What needs to change for you to pursue God’s presence in your life?
6. Read Hebrews 11:6. It takes faith to break out of the circumference of certainty and move forward in what God has for you. What is this verse saying?
7. Read Joshua 3:7-8, 13-17. Many of us know this story very well. Try reading it again as if it is the first time you ever heard the story. What do we learn about God in this passage? What do we learn about the people in this passage?
8. What can we observe about the sequence of events in the previous passages?
9. What do you suppose the consequence would have been if the people never took the step to cross the Jordan river? (Hint: What happened to the Israelites 40 years earlier?)
10. Our human minds often work in opposition to our spirits. When your spirit knows to decide to do something, your mind will find a reason not to do it now. What step is God calling you to take right now?