Through this series, we have said…Spiritual growth only happens as you take steps to connect to Christ, community, and your calling. The biggest struggle to being connected to your calling, to discovering your purpose, and making a difference in the world around us, is that we live with a scarcity mindset. A scarcity mindset is the belief that there will never be enough resulting in feelings of fear, stress, anxiety, and shame that can come because we don't do anything.
Today we are going to talk about how God can use you to make a difference when it seems you don’t have enough.
1. What thought or point stood out to you as you listened to this week’s message?
2. Read Matthew 14:15-21. What stands out to you as you read this passage?
How can God use you to make a difference when there doesn’t seem to be enough?
Start With What You Have
3. Read John 6:5–7. When God asks you to do the impossible, He’s not sweating it. He already has in mind what He’s going to do. How does knowing that God already has a plan challenge you as you consider what you will give to the Expansion Offering?
4. If Jesus is saying, "I want you to use what you think is nothing, so I can show you that I can do something even with that," what is the “something” that you have that you feel wouldn’t even make a difference?
Do Your Part
5. Miraculous movements of God are not instantaneous; God wants you to trust Him in the process. How have you seen God use you to make a big impact in the life of someone else?
Be Expectant That God Will Work
6. As you continue to take steps, over time you will realize that you can NEVER OUTGIVE God. Can you share with your group how God has faithfully provided for your needs as you have trusted Him with your finances?
7. You are invited, not required, to take part in the Expansion Offering. God’s purposes will be fulfilled. What do you think about the idea that you are the one who misses out on the blessings God has for you if you don’t join in?