We Are In This Together
Faith is all about progression. Faith was never designed to stay still or not be used. God will always call you to follow him to greater areas, but it will always require greater steps of faith. In order to progress in faith, it takes more than you. We only grow in our spiritual journey of faith in community. Spiritual growth only happens as you take steps to connect to Christ, community, and your calling. This week we will be talking about connecting with community.
1. Read Matthew 22:35-36. When you were growing up, what was the most important rule that you had to obey?
2. Read Matthew 22:37-40. That is the essence of faith. The number one thing God wants you to learn in life is how to love him and other people. The love of God is what empowers us to be able to love others. What is your definition of love?
3. How challenging would it be to love someone who you were never around?
4. A popular statement says that we are the average of the five people we spend the most time with. What do you think about that statement? Who are the five people you spend the most time with?
5. Growing spiritually doesn't happen when we know what Jesus says. It happens when we apply what he says. Application happens best within the context of community. Can you share a time when you were encouraged to grow in your faith through a group that you were a part of?
6. This week we watched a video that celebrated the impact of groups in the lives of one couple. How can you be more intentional in helping others to connect in a group or serving opportunities?
7. How do you suppose the Journey Church expansion initiatives will be able to help make even more environments for people to get connected? What role can you play in that?